- tours and events
tours and events
"Thank you for a memorable day... beautiful wineries... amazing wines... delicious lunch... you took care of all our needs from pick up to a safe journey home.... will see you again" - Susan
Squashed Grapes handpicked tours
Born out of our passion for wine, and Aussie wine in particular, Squashed Grapes is all about bringing you some of the best wines from off the beaten track. We do that through our online retail store, our corporate events and, of course our handpicked tours.
Squashed Grapes handpicked tours runs small, premium bespoke tour groups for sizes up to 11 people, a fun and educational experience for family, friends or colleagues alike. We research, taste and handpick the lesser known family-run wineries that we visit, a lot of them generally have a great story behind them and it’s that story that we want to share with you.
We’ve built some great relationships with boutique wineries across the Mornington Peninsula and the Yarra Valley and are excited about introducing you to those same wineries. In addition to wineries and particularly for private groups, we may be able to include a brewery, distillery, artisan cheese shop or chocolaterie on the tour.
Our tours operate 7 days per week (may exclude major public holidays), we operate out of Melbourne metropolitan areas however can also accommodate regional tour requests (please note a surcharge may apply). Regions we visit include Yarra Valley and Mornington Peninsula and our usual pick up location is St Paul's Cathedral, Flinders Street Melbourne (opposite Federation Square).
The cost to join a group/public tour is $210 per person.
Our group tours (public tours) require a minimum of 4 people to run and hold a maximum of 11 people on any tour.
Please note that due to the minimum number requirements to run our group/public tours, we are unable to fulfil requests to swap the dates.
Private group tours
We offer private group tours for up to 11 people, the following pricing structure applies dependant on the number of people.
1 guest - $580
2-3 guests - $290 per person
4-6 guests - $220 per person
7-8 guests - $200 per person
9-11 guests - $180 per person
Customised tour requests and larger groups can be considered however may incur additional costs, please contact us directly for more information.
Please note all private tours require a $290 non-refundable deposit at the time of booking with the balance to be paid no later than one week after the initial booking date unless the tour date falls within the one week period then full payment will be required at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance by that date may lead to the loss of the tour date and/or deposit.
- Lunch is usually provided at one of the cellar doors we visit, for private tours we are happy to fulfil any special lunch stop requests but please note additional charges may apply (these will need to be paid for once the lunch venue has been confirmed).
- Departure times for all regions are between 9am and 10am and drop off times are between 5pm and 6pm.
- Pick up and drop off location is usually from Melbourne CBD however for private groups we may be flexible to pick up/drop off from an alternate location (depending on proximity to region), just let us know when booking.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for and must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Tour confirmation will be provided within 48-hours of booking.
- The minimum drinking age for all tours is 18 years.
- We have the right to amend or cancel tour dates as required, pending weather and/or other unforeseen factors. If this happens an alternate date will be offered or a full refund provided.
- Please refer to our full cancellation policy below for more information
Please note the itinerary for the day is dependant on cellar door opening hours and availability, lunch is usually provided at one of the cellar doors we visit, dietary requirements can be catered for and must be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Warramunda Estate, a family owned vineyard that is committed to quality hand-picked and hand-made wines.
- Tokar Estate, another family-run success story with almost 20 years of history continues to impress and win many accolades.
- Mandala planted its first Pinot Noir grapes in 1999 and it’s been highly awarded by many notable wine judges over the years (and there’s no sign of that slowing down).
- Soumah offers a cosy cellar door and an award winning, selection of wines including some notable Italian grape varieties.
- Levantine Hill’s vision is to produce exceptional wines, handcrafted without compromise and they sure deliver on that vision. Also known for its amazing food, ezard@Levantine Hill offers a premium foodie experience having won a chef's hat and People's Choice Award in Australia's most important annual food awards - The Age Good Food Guide Awards, you'll be in food (and wine) heaven!
Prefer Gin, Cider or Beer? For private tour groups, we can also accommodate a visit to Four Pillars Gin Distillery in Healesville, Napoleone Beer & Cider, Hargreaves Hill Brewing Co and Coldstream Brewery to name a few.
- Yabby Lake is renowned for their Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, they offer a huge range of wines for all tastes and budgets.
- Trofeo Estate is one of the newer wineries on the Peninsula and is rapidly gaining a great reputation for their Amphora wines and food.
- Quealy Wines has a rustic cellar door and the people will make you feel at home. Quealy was started by the queen of grigio and has an array of interesting wines. If you are lucky enough you may get to say hello to the resident Koala.
- Port Phillip Estate is a previous winner of James Halliday’s Winery of the year with spectacular views, wine and food, you will not be disappointed.
Group (public) tours
For all group/public tour cancellations, we are unable to provide a refund and due to our minimum number requirements we are also unable to fulfil requests to swap the dates.
Should we be required to cancel a group/public tour on the day prior due to minimum number requirements and/or unforeseen circumstances, Squashed Grapes will work with you to offer an alternative date or offer a full refund should an alternate date not be possible.
Private group tours
For private group tours, we require a $290 non-refundable deposit to secure your booking, please note this amount will not be refunded.
The following cancellation fees also apply:
- Cancellations made 2 weeks or less before the tour date will not be refunded
- Cancellations made between 2-4 weeks will be given a 50% refund
- Cancellations with at least 30 days notice will receive a full refund, minus the deposit amount
How to book
Please contact us by clicking the 'Let's Plan a Tour' button below or filling in the contact form at the bottom of this page, we accept direct debit payments and credit card (visa and mastercard).
Let us help you. Having come from corporate and hospitality backgrounds, we understand the specific needs and challenges of any event.
Our customers see us as a 'one stop shop', here's some examples of what we can offer:
- Wine tasting events hosted by our team or by our winemakers
- Cheese and charcuterie platters
- Crystal glassware, cheese boards and equipment for hire
Get in touch using the form below for more information on our events and tours.
The captcha you entered is incorrect. Please try again.
- Organic, vegan & more
- By Region
- Match my food
- Tours and Events